Growing Friends Nursery Volunteer Team
Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens & Sherwood Arboretum (FBBGSA) are conducting morning session to learn how to propagate plants at Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha on a monthly basis.
Members will learn…
- How to select stock for propagating (both soft and hard cuts)
- What time of year to propagate different plants
- The process of propagating to maximise results
- Watering and fertilising of cuttings pre and post propagating
- Use of different mediums for different plant cuttings
- Potting up of cuttings and care to ensure survival
- Use of monitoring systems to ensure results are recorded.
Note: The plant material used for propagating is from the Botanic Gardens. This material remains the property of the Gardens and members who wish to be involved in this Project must be prepared to sign a declaration that no plant material is to be taken out of the Gardens.
So if you are keen to learn,
- Are a member of or prepared to become a member of the Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Sherwood Arboretum (FBBGSA)
- Easy and secure On-line membership https://fbbgsa.org.au/membership/#join
- Available from 9-12 second Thursday of the month unless otherwise advised
- Able to attend Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha (Seminar room adjacent to library in admin building) on these times
- Be prepared to implement and abide by the ‘Guidelines for the Growing Friends, November 2018’.
- Then contact email@example.com for further details.
WHEN: 9 – 12 noon 2nd Thursday of the month (Feb – Dec) unless otherwise advised
ESSENTIALS: Long trousers, long sleeved shirt, fully enclosed shoes (no clogs nor Crocs type shoes, hat and sunscreen and water.
AGE: No children under the age of 16 are able to join the Growing Friends Group. Members are not able to bring along any child, even as an observer, whilst child-minding.
CONTACT: FBBGSA Member Services support on firstname.lastname@example.org