Brisbane Tomato Festival - Visitor Information
The event will celebrate growing and cooking with heirloom tomatoes.
- Diggers’ Tomato Taste Test – compare a selection of heirloom and hybrid tomatoes Saturday & Sunday 11am – 1pm.
- Pop up shops – with seeds, plants, gardening materials, tomatoes, cooking gadgetry, kitchenware, books, baskets and bags etc.
- Taste the tomato inspired offerings of the food vendors each day.
- FREE GARDEN GURU talks both days – in the Speaker’s Tent – 10 to 3:45 Saturday and 9 to 2:45 Sunday
- Learn from Brisbane’s TOP CHEF’S David Pugh, Richard Ousby, Javier Codina, Ash Martin, Glen Barratt, Chris Bond and QLD’s Food Ambassador – Alison Alexander
- The Diggers Club – meet the team in their membership marquee both days.
- See what tomato inspired merchandise The Friends have in their FBBGSA marquee both days.
- Have your special purchases ‘baby sat’ in the Plant and Goodies Creche
- Free Children’s activities with Leonie and Sarah – growing, learning and sharing the fun of gardening
All things tomatoes – Exhibitor’s good and wares
- The Friends BBGSA – tomato inspired merchandise for the kitchen and home, books, bags and baskets
- The Diggers Club – Club membership and services
- Sustainable Cuisine – nursery/plant sales – all about tomatoes and unusual herbs, spices and vegetables
- Rocky Point – mulching, potting mixes, fertilisers, soil amendments
- Shogun Tools – garden products including: fertilisers, soil amendments, pots and tools
- Brookfield Nursery – nursery/plant sales – all you need to grow tomatoes
- Pomodoras Balsamic Dressings – Tomato inspired sauces, jams and pickles, oils
- R B Luttrell – Native Bee hives
- Green Harvest – Seed and fertilisers, all garden products to produce tomatoes, books, hand tools, edible plants
- Brights Natural Beeswax – bees wax products
- Oz Peat – peat and soil amendments
- Direct Compost Solutions – compost solutions
- Earthlife – organic fertilisers and soil amendments
- The Chilli Patch – plant and vegetable sales
- Know Bees Now – Bee health promotional products
The ‘Festival Food Walk’ Vendors
- The Curious Caravan – see what’s curious about the Tea and coffee and drinks
- Julia’s Pantry – All things sweet including tomatoes
- Nonna’s Masseria – All things tomatoes Italian style
- Hot Wheels – Coffee and tea – how any varieties can you choose?
- We are Delicious Mauritius – A creole fusion of Indian, French, African and Chinese
- Iced Tea Co. – Fruit drinks with a difference
ENTER the growing and cooking competitions for some great prizes
Tomato Competition – Best in Show etc
Tomato Relish Competition – including sauces, jams, relish, chutneys – all that is good splashed on your dinner or on toast.
Enter the competitions on the day.
The festival supports and thanks the following Not For Profit organisations
- BOGI – Brisbane Organic Growers Inc – growing everything organically
- Sub -Tropical Fruit Club of QLD – growing our special fruits in QLD
- Northey Street Farm – Community farm and education programs
- Qld Herb Society – growing and using herbs
Overflow parking serviced by minibus every 15 minutes
Special thanks to our sponsor Plant of Health
Brisbane City Council
Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha
Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Sherwood Arboretum Ltd
The Diggers Club
The Festival is a not-for-profit event with all surplus being put towards The Friends’ Project Fund’.
This fund has been set up for the enhancement of the gardens which is a benefit to the community.