Mulled Chocolate drink - a spiced vegan hot chocolate, a rich and wintery treat. Did you know that the home of chocolate, Belgian, set a law in 1884 states that a minimum level of 35% cocoa must be used in the production of all chocolate. This rich luxurious drinking chocolate will transport you to the hot chocolate cafes of winter time Bruges. Serve this mulled version with Belgium waffles to be really indulgent and immerse yourself into culinary heaven. Add wine, Grand Marnier or Cointreau for a truly decadent version.
1. Split mandarins into quarters leaving on the skin
2. Soak in rose water at least 24 hours
3. Melt the chocolate pieces
4. Then slowly add the cocoa powder, the sugar and the remaining ingredients including the mandarins
5. Simmer all the above.
6. It will be a thick chocolatey mix
7. Store in frig until ready to mix with milk – can be frozen
8. Put an amount in mug and add hot sugarless almond milk to taste - see almond recipe in Mulahabai recipe
Serve with a piece of the mandarin in the mug and a small serve of jaffa’d mascarpone – add orange essence to mascarpone to taste
Serving Size 1/4 cup