The event will celebrate growing and cooking with heirloom tomatoes.
- Diggers' Tomato Taste Test – compare a selection of heirloom and hybrid tomatoes Saturday & Sunday 11am - 1pm.
- Pop up shops - with seeds, plants, gardening materials, tomatoes, cooking gadgetry, kitchenware, books, baskets and bags etc.
- Taste the tomato inspired offerings of the food vendors each day.
- FREE GARDEN GURU talks both days – in the Speaker's Tent - 10 to 3:45 Saturday and 9 to 2:45 Sunday
- Learn from Brisbane's TOP CHEF'S David Pugh, Richard Ousby, Javier Codina, Ash Martin, Glen Barratt, Chris Bond and QLD's Food Ambassador - Alison Alexander
- The Diggers Club - meet the team in their membership marquee both days.
- See what tomato inspired merchandise The Friends have in their FBBGSA marquee both days.
- Have your special purchases 'baby sat' in the Plant and Goodies Creche
- Free Children's activities with Leonie and Sarah - growing, learning and sharing the fun of gardening
ENTER the growing and cooking competitions for some great prizes
- Tomato Competition - Best in Show etc
- Tomato Relish Competition - including sauces, jams, relish, chutneys - all that is good splashed on your dinner or on toast.
Enter the competitions on the day.
Download the program to see the full 2 days of activities
All things tomatoes - Exhibitor's good and wares
- The Friends BBGSA - tomato inspired merchandise for the kitchen and home, books, bags and baskets
- The Diggers Club - Club membership and services
- Sustainable Cuisine - nursery/plant sales - all about tomatoes and unusual herbs, spices and vegetables
- Rocky Point - mulching, potting mixes, fertilisers, soil amendments
- Shogun Tools - garden products including: fertilisers, soil amendments, pots and tools
- Brookfield Nursery - nursery/plant sales - all you need to grow tomatoes
- Pomodoras Balsamic Dressings - Tomato inspired sauces, jams and pickles, oils
- R B Luttrell - Native Bee hives
- Green Harvest - Seed and fertilisers, all garden products to produce tomatoes, books, hand tools, edible plants
- Brights Natural Beeswax - bees wax products
- Oz Peat - peat and soil amendments
- Direct Compost Solutions - compost solutions
- Earthlife - organic fertilisers and soil amendments
- The Chilli Patch - plant and vegetable sales
- Know Bees Now - Bee health promotional products
The 'Festival Food Walk' vendors
- The Curious Caravan - see what's curious about the Tea and coffee and drinks
- Julia’s Pantry - All things sweet including tomatoes
- Nonna's Masseria - All things tomatoes Italian style
- Hot Wheels - Coffee and tea - how any varieties can you choose?
- We are Delicious Mauritius - A creole fusion of indian, french, african and chinese
- Iced Tea Co. - Fruit drinks with a difference
The festival supports and thanks the following Not For Profit organisations
- BOGI - Brisbane Organic Growers Inc - growing everything organically
- Sub -Tropical Fruit Club of QLD - growing our special fruits in QLD
- Northey Street Farm - Community farm and education programs
- Qld Herb Society - growing and using herbs
Overflow parking serviced by minibus every 15 minutes
Special thanks to our sponsor Plant of Health
Brisbane City Council
Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha
Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Sherwood Arboretum Ltd
The Diggers Club
The Festival is a not-for-profit event with all surplus being put towards The Friends’ Project Fund’. This fund has been set up for the enhancement of the gardens which is a benefit to the community.