Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens & Sherwood Arboretum (FBBGSA) are conducting morning session to learn how to propagate plants at Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha on a monthly basis.
Members will learn…
- How to select stock for propagating (both soft and hard cuts)
- What time of year to propagate different plants
- The process of propagating to maximise results
- Watering and fertilising of cuttings pre and post propagating
- Use of different mediums for different plant cuttings
- Potting up of cuttings and care to ensure survival
- Use of monitoring systems to ensure results are recorded.
Note: The plant material used for propagating is from the Botanic Gardens. This material remains the property of the Gardens and members who wish to be involved in this Project must be prepared to sign a declaration that no plant material is to be taken out of the Gardens.
So if you are keen to learn,
- are a member of or prepared to become a member of the Friends of Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Sherwood Arboretum (FBBGSA)
- Available from 9-12 from Tuesday 12 September 2017 (& every second Tuesday of the month thereafter)
- Able to attend Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha (Seminar Room, in the Library/ Admin Building) on these times then contact Julie Lumsdale on 0455 512 302 or email@example.com for further details.